Wednesday, August 15, 2012

hungry hungry....hippo?

Todays workout included
  • stretching..(yes, it is a form of exercising)
  • 20 minutes on treadmill and 21%-30% incline
  • Leg Press --- reps of 130, 135, 140, 145, and 150 pounds :] *I still got it
  • Arms --- slanted bench press * reps of 40, 45, and 50 pounds
  • Planks ---60 second plank
  • Side Planks --- Both sides for 30 seconds each
  • More Stretching with this awesome machine they have at the gym
  • 10 minutes of Sauna
Overall it was an okay workout. I really wanted to focus on cardio but for some stupid reason decided that I should wear shorts...even though I never wear shorts to workout, and it was extremely uncomfortable. So, cardio is this weekend for sure. Also, my dumb Ipod stopped playing...it died. I guess its time to invest in another power cord.

For dinner I made some awesome chicken fajitas with orange bell peppers and red onions cooked in. On top we had cheese, cilantro and fresh onion on fresh tortillas with a side of rice. It was yummy but I was full after the 3rd bite. Sometimes I dont know when to stop and I've decided it's because I put 2 hours into cooking a meal to only eat 3 bites? Well that can change...it reallycan. It could just mean more leftovers, and more awesomeness for the next day, or next couple of days.

Drew's skinny ass finished all two of his tacos and his enormous pile of rice and the first thing he said is "dessert?". What in the hell....I wish I could be like that. I don't really like to keep desserts in the house so I had to scrounge around to find him something. He ended up with 2 almond hershey kisses, fruit gummies, Nature's Valley Dark Chocolate and Granola, and a choclate milk bite bar. He ate everything. I honestly believe that as I'm writing this he is already in bed laying down. How can he do this and stay so skinny. I wish I had the metabolism of a 9 year old. But I understand that I dont that's why I have to workout...because I like to eat, but it doesnt just melt away like it does for Drew.

Well I'm gonna go check on him and make sure he doesn't leave me up by myself. Wish me luck


:]  Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.