Monday, April 29, 2013

Excuses are like a butthole, everyone's got one

It feels great to workout again here at work during lunch. I need to make sure I do this every opportunity I get. I'm ready to be committed again. There are several things I need to change in order to make this work.

1.Stop making excuses as to why you can workout.
    • My latest excuses include:
      • I JUST got my hair done and couldn't sweat for three days until the Keratin treatment was washed out....I made that 3 days turn into over 2 weeks.
      • I don't want to have to redo my hair so I'm not going to sweat = I'm not lifting weights, running or even moving off of this couch.
      • I have school Tuesdays and Thursdays so I can't work out those days...Ummm...I get out of work at 3:30, 4 at the latest. I don't have to be in class until 6. Even it's for 30 minutes, just get out there and do it.
      • Mondays and Friday's are off limits for me to workout because its the beginning and ending of the week. BULLSHIT! get over it already.
      • Saturday and Sunday I'm "recovering" from my drinking habit....STOP GETTING DRUNK!
      • Wednesdays are my only free days so I dedicate that to washing laundry day. I can always run in between loads...Just do it.

 2. Make your mind up and stick to it. I will tell myself I'm gonna workout and then about   30 minutes before it's time, I find a reason not to. Or I'll say instead of running you can clean up the house and that'll work. Thats only a good excuse if you've been working out the entire week and honestly need a break.

3. I've been eating entirely to much. Like a mad woman...seriously. I got so angry and upset at Drew for eating my hot funyuns. There is no reason EVER to get that mad about someone eating something of yours....especially when it's not good for you anyways. After realizing what I just did, I apologized. I was honestly embarrassed.

4. Blog more often. I found that once I stopped blogging and reading other's blogs my mind kind of drifted away from healthy living. I swear blogging is a big motivation for me and so is reading others. I will be posting more often. Sorry guys for leaving you hanging.

5. Take classes at Gold's gym. I used to love Zumba and only tried cycling once. I loved it and need to continue going.

I have a lot to work on but I'm definitely excited to get started. I love the feeling!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. We all really do have excuses! I can come up with as many as I want on any given day, especially when it comes to reasons not to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.