Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Last Day of Classes!!

Woot woot. Well it's not officially my LAST day of classes. I take two more classes this summer and then I'll finally be done with school. I can't believe it! Ya'll I've been in college a lonnnnggg time.

As soon as I graduated high school I started the very next semester at Texas State University. I was sooo eager and excited and my best friend got in too. We just knew that we'd be having fun for so long in school together. Well things didn't end up that way.

My parents told me they'd help pay for college but after the first year we all realized how expensive it really is. Keep in mind I didn't get any scholarships or government assistance. We'd have to pay out of pocket for it. Well after the first year my parents said that's all they could afford. I continued on for another half year and realized I'd never be able to make the payments. So I took the easy way out and quit. I left my best friend down there and my dreams.

About a year later I decided I needed to go back and finish something that I always saw myself doing. I decided to enroll at Austin Community College while working full time. So since then I've been taking two classes at a time and working. And I am proud to say that I will graduate this year.

YAYYYY!!! The one thing I wish I would have done differently was to start at ACC and take as many classes as possible then transfer to Texas State. But I was way to excited to have gotten accepted into Texas State. I now know the wait is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.