Friday, June 28, 2013

Everyone's Motivation but My Own

It didn't really occur to me until recently that I have encouraged a lot of people in the past to start working out and taking care of themselves.

I didn't realize this until I fell off the healthy living bandwagon and others began to notice. They weren't saying "oh, your gaining weight what happened"...(actually that might have worked) but instead they are saying "I need your motivation." What does that mean exactly?

I think the difference is before I was always in a great mood, always talking about my workouts, and always talking about my upcoming races. They knew that I had lost 120 pounds and were so inspired. But I stopped for some reason, I'm not exactly sure why except for lazyness or maybe getting comfortable at the size I was. But now, I'm so angry at myself for stopping.

I feel that I've let myself down and the other people that I had inspired. It's time to get back on track. Many of the people actually work at my job and have suggested that I start and lead a mini bootcamp in the mornings before work to help them get motivated. But how do you motivate someone when you are not motivated yourself?

I think my motivation will actually stem from what I've learned recently. That I INSPIRE OTHERS. I love that feeling, I want to rub off healthy living on others. I am getting started this morning. I will not let anything get in the way of me reaching my goal.

Are you ready? I think I'm gonna start some new classes and let you guys know how it goes.
Maybe some yoga, cycling, bootcamp classes...




1 comment:

  1. LOL...your pictures totally kill me! Girlie, you and I are feeling the same way about motivation. I am having the hardest time getting motivated but I also know that I have some friends that get motivated by what I've done and accomplish. I tell you what, we'll motivate each other! :) That's the great thing about blogging!

    Angie @ Asphalt & Trails

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.