Monday, March 10, 2014

Moving, a birthday, and new shoes

This weekend was really different. There was no softball at all. I really didn't know what to do with myself. We finished moving on Saturday and it may have been one of the happiest days of my life. I think D.O.G and Kujo were a little nervous about the whole moving thing after living there for 3 1/2 years.


 
After we finished moving, Drew and I attempted to make our own Martini's. Don't ever use to much olive juice. DISGUSTING. After a couple more attempts, we created the perfect martini. I'll put the recipe up later. Drew after all was the mastermind behind the measurements.
 
Saturday was also my mom's birthday. We celebrated by going bowling and going out to eat at Serrano's, where I may or may not have had another martini.
 
Doesn't that chocolate cake look absolutely incredible. It was double chocolate fudge cake. They only sell it at Randall's.

Drew and my mom completely ignoring the fact that I'm up to bowl
 
As you can see from all the new pictures, I did get a new camera. I decided it was time to splurge. I also went shopping yesterday and accidentally bought 4 pairs of shoes...I also bought a new bathing suit top, a dress, new jeans, and probably some other crap I can't think of right now.
 
But check out these shoes...I'm in love.
They are not for running, more for casual purposes. I found myself wearing my running shoes too often, and not for the purpose of running. So I bought these beauties.

I also couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this lovely camera case. Who doesn't love chevron.

Now that we are moved and getting settled in, it's time to get back in the groove of things. I'm gonna go out running today in the new neighborhood. I'm kind of excited about it because it's a new to me area. Instead of thinking I'm running today, it'll be more exciting because I feel like I'll be exploring. I also feel super safe and for once there are no traffic lights that I need to stop at. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm definitely not going out for the first time back running with the mindset that I'm gonna kill it. I'll do my best though and not get frustrated for how I let myself stop running/working out.


What is your favorite thing you've bought recently?

What is your favorite cake?

Any tips for starting to run again after a long break?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.