Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Oh yeah, I forgot I LOVE Running!

Happy Wednesday Ya'll. It's a beautiful here in Austin Texas. It's currently 50 degrees with a high of 64. This weather just makes me not want to work. I have a gorgeous window view and it's just not fair to be stuck inside.

Yesterday was a great day for me. Remember how yesterday I went on about how I don't like Salmon and thats what Heepaw was making last night...Well I ended up liking it. It was tasty. He added lemon/lime on top and baked it. It was flavored to perfection. Sorry I didn't get a picture, I ate my food like it was the last meal on earth.

After dinner, I went outside to play with the dogs. We have four staying with us right now and it's quite interesting around the house. I wanted some away time so I laced up my good ol' running shoes and went for a run. The first time in almost a year. I did two miles and I'm surprised I made it that far.





The run started off hard...really hard. I felt so heavy and I was breathing like I had just completed a marathon but was only just down the street from the house. The neighborhood is very calm and quiet, with long stretches of road and no stoplights. I loved it. When my body wanted to stop, my heart and my mind told me to keep going. Yesterday I remembered why I love running. I had control over what I did yesterday, I had the decision to either stop or push through. It felt good to get home and have a runner's high again. It felt amazing.

I went to the store and picked up a couple of items to keep me in line. I bought some green juice, epsom salt soaking solution -  Relax & Relief. I also bought a couple of kind bars. Drew loves them too, So I had to hide them from him. What!? You know you do it too. I also had to buy a cake to bake for my brother and Dad's birthdays that we're celebrating tomorrow!
 
The perfect way to end my night: Green Juice, a nice warm bath and Gone Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.