Monday, April 28, 2014

Didgeridoo, tubing, and a workout

 I did it ya'll!! I got my butt in gear and worked out during lunch.
I debated back and forth, "should I go, should I stay." And finally I just went to the gym here at work and did some strength training. As much as I didn't want to, I went and ran the Westlake Hills behind our building here at work. Afterwards, I felt so good. It's what I needed. Sometimes you have to do things your mind is telling you not to.


I also got a Varidesk at work.  This allows me to stand or sit while I'm at my desk. The view is not bad either.

This Varidesk will help me to not be so still during the day. I think it's a great way to get myself back on track with a healthy lifestyle.

On Friday, we went over to my parents to play corn hole. Drew gets so serious when he plays.


Dad, Mom, and Harley


Drew is a landscaper, so over the weekend I told him I would help him. We worked from 9am-9pm on Saturday. I got a great workout! Then again on Sunday for 3 hours. I used to joke around with Drew saying his job was easy and that he was lucky, but man, you have to be really fit. I was dripping sweat non-stop the entire day. It was what I needed. I felt like I got a great workout in on Saturday and Sunday.  Much props to the landscapers out there. Drew and his coworker were very happy with how hard I was working and how much I was able to get done. They were impressed and I feel very accomplished.

After the long weekend of working outside, Drew and I thought we could rewards ourselves with some tubing adventures. We had so much fun tubing and at the end of the river, my best friend Angela and Daniel were there waiting for us to arrive. We chatted for a while before heading to Angela's cabin in the woods to play Daniel's didgeridoo.  If you've never heard of this, google it now. It's pretty cool, but extremely hard to play.

Where's the best place you've ever been tubing?

Do you prefer to work inside/outside, standing/sitting?

Have you ever tried to play the didgeridoo?
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.