Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Best Salsa Verde Recipe

I have a different post for yall today! One of my favorite things in the world is Mexican food. And to me, the salsa can make or break the meal. Today I want to share with you all my Salsa Verde recipe that has won the hearts of Drew and all his friends! :)

Ingredients:


1 - Pound of tomatillos
1 - Jalapeno
2 - Serrano peppers
2 - Limes (just the juice)
1 - Yellow Onion
1 tbsp - Minced Garlic
1 tsp - Sea Salt
1 tsp -Ground Comino
1 tbsp Chicken Bullion
about 2 cups of water


Place the tomatillos in a pot and fill pot up with water until just covering tops of tomatillos. Cut up your onion, jalapeno, and Serrano peppers into small pieces and place into the boiling water. Add in bullion, lime juice, sea salt, and ground comino. Boil until green tomatillos begin to bust.



Once the tomatillos have bust, place everything including water, into a blender and blend until your desired consistency. I don't have a blender so I just used a small food processor and blended little batches at a time.


You can serve this in a bowl warm or place in refrigerator to cool. Or you can leave it warm and use this to top off your Chicken Enchiladas. Yummmm!

This stuff is seriously delicious. Try It. It's so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.